To view this article as a PDF, please click here.
The original JobKeeper scheme ended as of 27th September 2020. An extended scheme will now operate from 28 September 2020 until 28 March 2021 and contains two separate extension periods. For each extension period, an additional actual decline in turnover test applies and the rate of the JobKeeper payment is different.
For further details, please refer to the attached Australian Taxation Office factsheet – Extension of the JobKeeper Payment – information for business and not for profits.
For any employers currently topping up employee payments under the original JobKeeper scheme, it is recommended that you cease making any top-up payments to employees from the 27th September 2020 until you can satisfy the new JobKeeper extension decline in turnover requirements.
Key dates and actions for employers
- 28 September 2020 – The JobKeeper extension starts and the payment rates change for your eligible employees.
- Between 1 and 14 October 2020 – complete the JobKeeper monthly business declaration so you can be reimbursed for September fortnights under the original JobKeeper scheme.
- Between 1 and 31 October 2020 – review the business’s actual decline in turnover to assess eligibility for JobKeeper extension 1. If not already enrolled for the original JobKeeper, submit enrolment to the ATO.
- 31 October 2020 – for the JobKeeper fortnights from 28 September 2020 and 12 October 2020 only, employers are allowed until 31 October 2020 to meet the wage condition and make any top up payments required.
- Between 1 and 14 November – complete a monthly business declaration detailing the payment tier being claimed for each eligible employee.
HHH Partners Assistance is Available
If you would like HHH Partners to assist you with assessing your eligibility for the JobKeeper extension payments, please forward to our office a copy of your cashbook file reconciled up to the 30th September 2020 (alternatively if you use a Cloud based program, please advise us once you have reconciled your file to this date).
Information is current as at 29th September 2020.